We are currently accepting applications for riders for our FREEDOM REINS @ MTRA Program, which will work cooperatively with various organizations, including the Wounded Warriors Project, Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund, Veterans Helping Veterans, Veterans Hospitals and others to offer equine-assisted activities and horseback riding for veterans and their families.
This program will use specifically trained horses combined with Certified Equine Instructors working with Mental Health Professionals to help our United States Veterans who suffer from traumatic brain injuries, loss of limbs, blindness, PTSD and other military related injuries.
The program will be offered at both of MTRA’s facilities in Ocala, Florida. The facility will offer:
- Covered Riding Arena
- Viewing area for families
- Adaptive equipment for the disabled rider
- 8 specially trained horses
- 4 Certified Equine Instructors
- Mental Health and Learning Professional
- Volunteer Coordinator
- 12 Volunteers
The proven benefits of equine-assisted activities and therapeutic riding include fostering patience and empathy, boosting trust and confidence, increasing control over one’s own emotions of frustration and anger, promoting strength, developing balance and improving coordination.
Since this program will require additional instructors, training more volunteers and additional equipment, we have a goal to raise $250,000 to fund this program that is currently running in its earliest stages with just a few veterans signed up. We have had significant interest and many veterans are working on their applications now.
For more information regarding Corporate and Individual Sponsorships, please contact Leslie Gettys, Executive Director, at 352-732-7300, or via eMail.
For Program information, please contact Pam Morrison, Program Director, at 352-732-7300, or via eMail.
Methods of Payment
1) Click here to download a Donor Form to mail a check.
2) Call 352-732-7300 to arrange payment on your credit card or to request a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual invoice.
3) Make a one-time donation online in any amount using the Donation button below:
4) Or set up a monthly donation safely and securely using the online the portal below:
|To donate on a monthly basis|